Thursday, April 25, 2013

Long days and longer readings

It's just before 9 and still bright outside! Looking forward to reaping the benefits of surviving a winter with 7 hours of daily light...I prefer this season of Scotland's latitude!

May is going to be one of the best, most exciting months of my life!  I will be in Spain with my flatmates from May 6-15.  Jaime is taking us to his hometown (Murcia) as well as Cordoba and Madrid. I CAN'T WAIT! We fly back on the 15th and my sister arrives in Edinburgh on the 16th.  On the 17th, Alysha, Caitlin and I are flying to ROME where we'll spend a couple days before meeting Giulia and driving down to Naples and spending a week at the seaside! We'll fly back together on the 23rd to Edinburgh where Mom and Dad are joining us on the 24th- then it's up to the Highlands with Jackie and Ken for a few days before returning to Edinburgh for Jackie's choir concert and TWO WEEKS of Scottish adventures! I have a list that grows daily of things to see, hikes to take, day trips etc.  I can't wait to show my family the city that has become so near and dear!

BUT knowing that all of that is ahead, my days have been spent entirely in my room or the library:  reading, reading, reading and starting to get an outline together as my dissertation takes form! Back to the books...

No comments: